A Themed Tour through Prism Book Tours.
The Better Man
by Amy Vastine
January 1st 2014
Kendall Montgomery’s six-year-old son has barely spoken in the past year, locked in his world of silent grief. Then one day, he spots his dead father across a crowded street.
Max Jordan moved to Chicago to be closer to his own son and prove he can be a better father than his deadbeat dad. His striking resemblance to Kendall’s husband and his track record with fatherhood make her determined to keep her distance…until Max helps her little boy come out of his shell. But can she trust him with their future? How can she be sure he won’t take off just when they need him most?
Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read.
Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog.
7 Most Romantic Sights in Chicago
Thank you so much for welcoming me on your blog today! I am so thrilled to be here to share about my newest novel, The Better Man. It is the first book in the Chicago Sisters series and is obviously set in Chicago – my hometown!
Okay, truthfully, I live in the suburbs but close enough. The hero in The Better Man is new to Chicago. Max has recently moved there from Los Angeles. To help a guy out, I thought I would suggest a few romantic spots in the Windy City that he or anyone here for a visit might want to consider.
- Millennium Park – Besides Cloud Gate aka “The Bean”, there are lots of things to see and do in Millennium Park. In the summer, The Crown Fountain is a must, with its towering glass block columns and LED displays or maybe enjoy a concert on the Harris Theater stage from the Great Lawn. The Lurie Gardens are also lovely with a variety of perennials in the spring and summer. In the winter, you can go ice skating. What’s more romantic that holding hands while trying not to fall on your butt?
- Lincoln Park Zoo – For all the animal lovers out there. This is an amazing zoo right by the lake. The best part is it’s free! Kendall and Max do take a trip there with the kids. I imagine they might go there alone as well.
- The Chopping Block – This is a fun recreational cooking school where you and your significant other can take a cooking class together. Wouldn’t you love it if a guy didn’t just take you to dinner but helped you make it? I think cooking is an extremely attractive trait in a guy. I’d love it if my husband took over the dinner responsibilities! Maybe we should sign up …
- Buckingham Fountain – This Chicago landmark is usually working from April to mid-October, depending on weather. Every hour on the hour for 20 minutes the Fountain produces a major water display and the center jet shoots 150 feet into the air, which at dusk, is accompanied by a major light and music display. This was where my brother-in-law planned to propose to my sister-in-law. Unfortunately, he couldn’t wait once he had the ring and popped the question in their kitchen. He did take her there on their anniversary a few years later and present her with a new ring in the front of the fountain! Better late than never.
- Carriage rides along the Mag Mile – How about a horse drawn carriage ride along the Magnificent Mile? Go back in time and cuddle in the carriage with your sweetheart. You can ride down Michigan Avenue or even around Lincoln Park where Kendall and Max live!
- Navy Pier Ferris Wheel – Take in the fantastic sights of the city and Lake Michigan from 150 feet up. I have ridden the this ferris wheel many times and have never been disappointed. It goes nice and slow so you can enjoy your time with your sweetie!
- The Signature Room at the 95th – Located on top of the John Hancock Building, this is the spot for a romantic dinner or maybe just some drinks at the bar. The floor-to-ceiling windows allow you to take in the stunning Chicago skyline, while the elegant Art Deco design creates an intimate feel. My brother proposed to his wife here. It’s a must see.
There you have it. My seven most romantic sight in Chicago. Have you ever been to any of these places? Have a romantic spot of your own? Please share in the comments, I’d love to hear about it. And don’t forget to enter the contest for lots of fun prizes!
– Gift Card Grand Prize: $25 Amazon Gift Card and a signed paperback (US) or ebook (INT) of The Better Man
– US Grand Prize: Signed paperback of The Better Man plus swag (shown above)
– 5 copies of The Better Man (paperback for US and ebooks for INT)
– Ends October 5th
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the rest of the tour:
15 – Launch
28 – Grand Finale